Dr. Tricia Crosby D.D.S., M.S. attended the University of Illinois College of Dentistry, where she graduated cum laude in 2004. Following her general dental training, Dr. Crosby completed a three-year post-graduate residency program in Periodontics at the University of Illinois, where she served as Chief Resident for two years. In addition to her specialty training, Dr. Crosby also earned a Master Of Science (MS) degree in Oral Sciences.
She is an elected member of the Omicron Kappa Upsilon National Dental Honor Society and is actively involved in numerous professional organizations including the American Academy of Periodontology, American Academy of Osseointegration, American Dental Association, Midwest Society of Periodontology, and the Illinois Society of Periodontists.
Dr. Crosby continues to serve as a Clinical Assistant Professor and adjunct lecturer at the University of Illinois College of Dentistry.
Dr. Crosby has extensive experience with all types of implants. She enjoys all aspects of Periodontics and Dental Surgery and strives to provide consistent predictable results.
In her spare time she enjoys traveling, cultural arts, movies and reading.
- 2004-2007 Post-Doctoral Residency in Periodontics – University of Illinois at Chicago-College of Dentistry, Chicago, IL
- 2004-2007 Master of Science Degree in Oral Sciences with an emphasis in Oral Biology – University of Illinois at Chicago-College of Dentistry, Chicago, IL
- 2004 Doctor of Dental Surgery, with honors – University of Illinois at Chicago-College of Dentistry, Chicago, IL
- 2008 Diplomate, American Board of Periodontology
- 2007 State of Illinois Specialty License in Periodontics
- 2007 NorthEast Regional Specialty Board (NERB) Examination in Periodontics
- 2004 State of Illinois Dental License
- 2010 Full partner. Kolinski and Crosby, Ltd. St. Charles, IL.
- 2007-2010 Associate Periodontist, Martin L. Kolinski, DDS, St Charles, IL.
- 2007 – present Adjunct Clinical Assistant Professor: University of Illinois at Chicago College of Dentistry, Department of Periodontics
- 2013 Examiner for the Diplomate Examination of the American Board of Periodontology
- 2005-2007 Chief Resident, Post-Graduate Periodontics
- 2004 Omicron Kappa Upsilon Honorary Dental Society
- 2004 Pierre Fauchard Academy Award
- 2002 1st Place Young Investigator Competition, Chicago Section of the American Association for Dental Research
- 2002 Hinman Student Research Award recipient, Clinic and Research Day, UIC- COD; First Place Award.
- Burke JC, Evans CA, Crosby TR, Mednieks MI. Expression of secretory proteins in oral fluid after orthodontic tooth movement. Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 2002 Mar;121(3):310-5.
- 2014 Speaker for the 2014 Chicago Dental Society Midwinter meeting on behalf of the Illinois Society of Periodontists. Program entitled Narrow Diameter Implants with Emphasis on Treatment of the Adolescent Patient:
Dr. Crosby recently attended the 149th Midwinter Meeting of the Chicago Dental Society and had the opportunity to lecture on two topics Thursday and Friday.
One of the most challenging clinical situations is when an adolescent patient presents with congenitally missing permanent teeth. The primary considerations in these types of cases are knowing how much space is required, existing bone volume and need for further augmentation, how the space should be maintained after orthodontic treatment, and growth concerns.Orthopedic Approach to Fixed Restorations.
The All-on-4/All-on-6 concept is a fixed detachable bridge, which uses a specific framework design to gain ideal esthetic results in severely debilitated patients.
Learning objectives included:
- History of the restoration
- Options for treating the fully edentulous maxillary and/or mandible arch
- Knowledge of a profile prosthesis restoration
- Treatment planning/exam checklist
- Limitations/considerations for this restoration
- Step-by-step visual outline
Co-sponsored by the Illinois Society of Periodontists.
Source: November 2013 Chicago Dental Society REVEW 149th Midwinter Meeting preliminary program/February 20-22, 2014.
See Full Issue
- 2014 Speaker for the 2014 Chicago Dental Society Midwinter meeting. Program entitled The Profile Prosthesis
- 2013 Narrow Diameter Implants with Emphasis on Treatment of the Adolescent Patient. Presented as a Kolinski and Crosby, Ltd CE course, St Charles, IL
- 2013 The Profile Prosthesis. Invited guest speaker for Rockert Dental Lab/Dentsply Implants
- 2012 Soft Tissue Grafting around Teeth and Dental Implants, The Why, When and How of Periodontal Soft Tissue Grafting. Presented as a CE course to Dental Hygienists of the Fox River Valley Area
- 2012 Treatment Planning in Periodontics, Presented to the UIC, College of Dentistry Second Year Dental Students
- 2012-2013 The All-on-4/All-on-6 Concept, Where are we now? Presented as a Kolinski and Crosby, Ltd CE course, St Charles, IL
- 2011 Current Issues in Implant Dentistry: Factors that Impact Treatment Success,Presented to the Illinois Academy of General Dentistry
- 2011 Periodontist and Restorative Dentist Connection: A Team Approach for Successful Outcomes, Presented as a Lunch and Learn to the Undergraduate Dental Students at the University of Illinois College of Dentistry
- 2009-2011 Treatment Planning in Periodontics, Presented to the UIC, College of Dentistry Second Year Dental Students
- 2011 The Periodontal Maintenance Visit as it relates to Dental Implants, Presented as a CE course to Dental Hygienists of the Fox River Valley Area
- 2011 Restoration of The Failing Dentition, Presented as a CE seminar to a local study club, LaGrange, IL
- 2010 THE IMPLANT DU JOUR, Navigating your way through the marketing maze. Presented as a Kolinski and Crosby, Ltd CE course, St Charles, IL
- 2010 Current Topics in Periodontal and Implant Dentistry for the Dental-Hygienist Team, Presented as a CE seminar to a local study club, LaGrange,IL
- 2010 An Introduction to Dental Implants, Kiwanis Club, St Charles, IL
- 2009 – 2010 Orthopedic Approach to Fixed Restorations, 3 part seminar presented as a Kolinski and Crosby, Ltd CE course, St Charles, IL
- 2009 Rational For Abutment Selection-A Collaborative Approach, presented as a Kolinski and Crosby, Ltd CE course, St Charles, IL
- 2009 Dental Implants and the Dental Hygienist, Presented to the Fox River Valley Dental Hygiene Society, St Charles, IL
- 2008 Treatment of Compromised Sites, Presented as a Kolinski and Crosby, Ltd CE course, St Charles, IL
- 2008 Treatment Planning for the Dental Implant Patient, Presented as a Kolinski and Crosby, Ltd CE course, St Charles, IL
- 2008 Dental Implants and the Dental Hygienist, Presented to the Dekalb Dental Hygiene Society, Sycamore, IL
- 2007 Midwest Society of Periodontology – Interactive 3D Imaging for Treatment Planning and Guided Implant Surgery
- 2006 Crown Lengthening, University of Illinois at Chicago, College of Dentistry,Presented to the Restorative Faculty
- 2006 Lake County Dental Hygiene Program “Periodontal Regeneration”
- 2006 Academy of Osseointegration’s Annual Scientific Meeting, Seattle, WA
- Implant site development for future flapless placement using guided bone regeneration and soft tissue augmentation in the esthetic zone: A staged approach
- 2005 Wound Healing Society, Annual Scientific Meeting, Chicago, IL
- Depressed and Lonely Individuals Express Lower EGF and VEGF in Saliva. T R Crosby, C G Engeland, J A Bosch, P T Marucha
Public and Professional Service
- 2012-present Board Member and Editor, Midwest Society of Periodontology
- 2011-present Treasurer, Illinois Society of Periodontists
- 2009-present Board Member, Fox River Valley Dental Society
- 2010-2013 Committee Member, Dentist with a Heart, Donated Dental Services Program Fox River Valley, IL
Membership in Scientific, Honorary, and Professional Societies
- American Dental Association
- Chicago Dental Society
- Fox River Valley Dental Society
- Illinois State Dental Society
- American Academy of Periodontology
- Midwest Society of Periodontology
- Illinois Society of Periodontists, Treasurer
- Academy of Osseointegration
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon Honorary Dental Society
★★★★★ Daughter’s periodontal work is perfect
February 12th, 2012
“When my daughter, Emily, needed periodontal treatment, I was delighted to have been referred by our dentist to a woman periodontist. What a great role model for my 14 year old daughter. Dr Crosby exceeded our expectations not only with her professionalism but her way of making my daughter feel very comfortable and alleviating any fears about her treatment. The staff provided an IPod for her to use during the procedure which also made the whole procedure a pleasant experience. My daughter finished her care wishing she could come back again!! Thanks Dr. Crosby and staff!!”
- Maggie Vandermyde
★★★★★ Best experience at a dental office ever!
December 9th, 2011
“My treatment at Dr. Crosby’s office was the best experience I have ever had at a medical dental office. I felt very well cared for and everyone working there is happy. Dr. Crosby was so caring, she even called at home the night of my treatment! I waited till I was past 18 to pursue this procedure and I feel it was the best decision I could have made. I love my smile!”
- Lauren Gebhardt
★★★★★ Dr. Crosby is so professional and courteous
August 30th, 2011
“The service I received with Dr. Crosby was very professional and courteous. The dental implant procedure that I had done went extremely well. My discomfort level was almost “zero” thanks to the expert work done by Dr. Crosby and her assistants. Thank you!”
- David Carter